[matilda] my conflict

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 00:35:24 GMT 2005

Eric> i'll tell you what my problem is.

Eric, it's good you are talking about this though I don't think this
list is a suitable place. The one person you need to talk to left it a
while ago I believe and email is certainly not the preferred medium
for such sensitive issues.

No one here needs to hear it anyway. To write to us is to presume that
we are going to decide who is right and who is wrong in this
situation. We're not going to do that. We only know what those
involved tell us - an abstracted, abbreviated form of what actually
happened. So our view will be less informed than yours. And at the end
of the day I'm not really interested in who's fault it was, only that
you don't all kick off again, and you feel comfortable in the space.

The way to resolve it is by talking things through with Joe at some
point. I guess either you or he or both of you might be too angry to
do this right now - fair enough. But if you can do that some time and
listen respectfully to each other then maybe you can feel comfortable
with each other. If needed it might help to have an impartial
facilitator/mediator there. Matilda could sort this out if requested.

Having said that I understand you're not in Sheffield much and
probably wouldn't want go through this when you are. That's reasonable
too.

However I've said this coz it's the only I can see it will get sorted.
I'm sure you feel all the blame is Joe's and he probably feels the
same about you. But we're not going to have a kangeroo court and a
guilty/not guilty verdict on this or any other issues.

I hope this of some help,

cheers

steve