[matilda] my conflict

Eric Winnert ericwinnert at gmail.com
Wed Dec 14 17:39:56 GMT 2005

i'll tell you what my problem is.

i don't know Joe, i've had very little personal contact with him, but
from what i did l know before the art event i didn't want to know him.
not a problem, i'll just stay out his way and hope he does the same.

after the event i was buzzing, i'd had an amazing time every one
pulled together and it was great to be part of Matilda. on Monday i
thought the buzz would still be there, that every one would be talking
about how much fun was had. there where a few issues but these can be
resolved over time.

but all the feed back i got was "that was a shit meeting, no one can
be happy" the only serious answer i got was "it was becasue Joe was
there"

my reaction "wtf, who's joe? whats he got to do with anything? why is
he getting involved with something that he wanted nothing to do with?"

then for the next two week when i was trying to arrange to have the
show open at the weekends a majority of the people i spoke to,
including a friend of his, all said the same thing

"god! joes an arsehole"
"god! joes an arsehole"
"god! joes an arsehole"
"god! joes an arsehole"

Again "wtf! who is this joe, why are people getting angry at him? why
do i have to listen to this negative shit? what is going on? why
aren't the people involved in art 05 allowed to be happy?"

the on the email list i had to watch joe try and bully some one out of
the Matilda, dougald tried to reason with him, joe ignored him and
carried on. the person in question asked him to stop talking about
him, joe ignored him and carried on. then his friend asked him to
stop, joe ignored him and carried on. then the person in question
asked him again to stop it joe ignored him and this time started to
get petty and nasty.

all i wanted was him to stop, why did i have to hear and listen to all
this? what is joe to me? why is he affecting my life is such a
negative manner? why cant he leave me and my friends alone to have fun
and help people?

he wouldn't stop, he was relentless and no one could do a thing about it.

so i sent the email, and he stopped and my life was a better place and
my Friends were happier people too.

my conflict had been resolved

See ya!!