[matilda] REgarding ART05

Helen and Nick slendermeans1 at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Nov 1 15:59:12 GMT 2005

MOZAZ et al

If you are referring to the subject of ACCOUNTABILITY
- well I recall saying that to you. So I assume you
are referring to me........

First off I will agree - I think the ART05 Matilda
event was a success and I think you will have found me
before the event opened out on the streets with Lucy
supporting the event by sticking up posters on
lamposts etc around the venues where other ART05
events were taking place. I congratulate the art
kollective on the success.

To argue that people were hostile to the ART O5 event
is hardly fair when most of us stayed behind after the
previous monday meeting to problem solve and sort out
what needed to be done for the event after it being
dropped on us.

So out of the success of the ART05 event can there be
anything to quibble about. The main issue to me as
Gavin stated last night at the meeting was the
responsibillity of the bar and what happened. Also
Gavin stated the "blueprint for doing events" and how
people are to use it as a guide. We do have
flexibility but surely this has to be brought to a
Monday meeting and an important issue such as the bar
seems to be an important issue to warrant it being
brought to a Monday meeting.

I also looked back at the archives for notes to ART05
from Monday meetings and there seems to be very little
discussed about the event and in particular the BAR. I
found reference to the bar on thier wikki where the
art collective also state that ARTO5 is their current
project. Here is what it says about the bar on thier
wikki page
"I'm assuming that this whole "grand opening" thing
stems from the conversation I had with Ruth about the
Bar. It was decided that the Bar would be open for the
opening, and it would be in the capacity of whatever
the Café collective deem the bar to be, i.e. if the
bar want to charge £15 for half a pint then that's
what happens. Usually at these events it is a
suggested donation, which people usually pay.We agreed
that it would be really nice if the bar could open as
to promote Matilda as an organized group."

Did this go to a Monday meeting. Was a decision agreed
upon that alcohol would be free (and then later a
donation asked for) either at a Monday meeting or with
the kitchen collective? The collective that were
running the event - did they decide how they were
going to run this event and who would be running the
bar and be responsible for it?

If you think I am personally out of order for asking
the questions then forgive me but seeing Gavin ask
some of those questions last night it triggered my own
questions that while the ARTO5 event was great for
Matilda there have to be some questions asked about
its organisation regarding the blueprints for events
and more particularly the running and responsibility
of the bar. I am still positive about ART05 and I
would like to see more exhibitions and I may even be
planning some myself in the future. But this small
issue of the bar needs resolving at the monday
meeting.

If Mozaz is being truthful and its not a hollow offer
in his willingness to pay for the bar "losses" then we
can sweep these issues under the carpet and regard it
as a learning process like the first C90 event.

in solidarity

NICK