[matilda] Proposals for next Monday

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Tue Nov 1 22:38:16 GMT 2005

My personal experience of running a bar goes like this, at the hunt sab
party when there wasnt enough people to look after the bar we shut the bar
and put the booze in a safe place.  Giving away free booze is not an
option.

>From reading eric's email it appears that the cafe collective have been
scapegoated yet again by the art05 organisers.  If the cafe collective
people did not put the alcohol on display or understand that they were
suppose to look after the bar all night in order to prevent free-loading
then they should not be placed with the blame.  Furthermore, on the night
i have been told that they were not reminded to look after the bar even
though they had asked who was responsible.

This issue cannot be brushed under the carpet, the money needs to be
collected from whoever responsible in order to pay julie back.

On the issue of costs, i think that it is unacceptable to spend matilda
money without the agreement of the matilda collective.

[if we left the bar unnatended at a party or gig imagine the uproar...]

----------------

On gavin's second (and unrelated point)
> "I would like the art collective to describe their procedure for
> introducing and letting new artists use the art space. They don't seem
to have one on the wiki and it seems very necessary. This
> isn't intended as a criticism, but is intended in the spirit of
> collectively finding a better way to do things."

I have explained this many times, i will explain it again, if anyone wants
to use the art space all they have to do is contact one of the art
collective so that we can arrange to have them let in.  No fee is
currently charged and one studio has been given out on a permanent basis.
As far as i understand it the art collective does not stand in judgement
over every artistic act that happens in matilda and as such the art05
event has very little to do with the art collective except the fact that a
couple of art collective people organised it.

from
cuthbert