[matilda] Proposal for events

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 15:27:47 GMT 2005

> There are a few ways out of this, either some of the people from the art
> show can have some sort of event with a well run bar to raise the short
> fall ...

dear Cuthbert,

perhaps you mean "some of the people from the art collective" which
makes sense. we're having a meeting today, when this proposal will be
re-raised: to have some sort of event allowing us to raise some funds
against short falls to come.

it's widely known that art spaces are usually funded, or subsidised, in
matilda's case a different solution has to be found.

in relation to the money problem, let's hope everything has been sorted
out this time. However, in my defense, inasmuch as i've been concerned
with the art space collective, this current artshow was well submitted
and prepared IN THEORY, on the paper, and that's why it was approved.
Yet IN PRACTICE some good proposals did not materialize: informing
matilda, giving matilda persons a right to view the artwork to be
submitted and other details (i remember all this was published on the
wiki some time ago)... which would have allowed matilda's persons to
become more involved in this specific artshow.

imho, as i will try to explain to my collective, some more meetings
amongst us were needed, to check that the *theory*, the procedures as
approved, were *effectively* carried out: it was not clear at the time,
anyway, whose responsibility this was.

for future artshows, we need to sit down and talk. The argument that our
ages together amount to approx. five hundred years of personal history
does not make up for this need to hold more regular meetings. Some
persons may think that they are aware of what is happening, transpiring,
etc. But decisions made in common may in the future spare us all this
kind of little problems and general uncertainty.

As Mark's previous message pointed out, it has to become very clear to
all that one thing is this particular artshow, with its specific
curators or organizers, or any other artshow to be held at matilda, and
another is the art collective and its members. How do we relate and make
clear our respective duties? this needs to be discussed. If we want
autonomy, we need to be responsible.

speaking for myself,

see ya later

amp
(working top floor, art space: have a look at wiki).