[matilda] Urban Invasion

Eric Winnert ericwinnert at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 19:20:01 GMT 2005

Urban invasion.

The event went really well, it was very well attended by Matilda and
the public, every one who was involved really enjoyed themselves and I
feel that those people, the helpers, artists and the public all got
something special from the event.  And I hope their lives are a bit
brighter for it.

I'd like to thank Reka, Lucy, Both Mark C's, Mozaz, Lesley, Nick,
Steve, Andy, Ruth, James and Dave for helping put the event on it
couldn't have happened with out you. I'd like to thank in advance all
the people who have offered their time to watch the space over the
coming month. I'd like to thank all the Matilda members who turned up
to offer their support. I'd like to thank Mike Bowdidge for giving
over a day to help clear the space and hanging the work.

I'd like to thank all the Artists who loaned their work for a month
free of charge. There was a range, from Local artists to national even
to International artists. And I don't think I'm out of turn here but
I'm sure all the artist would like to thank Matilda for creating the
opportunity to show their work in such a wonderful space.

The Chukka roses where made for a 6 month residencey for a week
exhibition form the 1st of October 05, and the artist was delighted
that she could show them again for a month this time. Ginny Reed,
Samantha Donnelly and Katya Oicheman all applied for the official
event but obviously were rejected and are delighted that thanks to
Matilda have been included in the event.  Isin Onol came all the way
from Istanbul to drop off her work, though she was visiting her sister
her timing was great, she touched down on Thursday afternoon and got
the train straight to Sheffield.

I'd like to thank Jo Hodgson, a member of SCAF, the people organising
Art 05, for backing our event and making sure we didn't get ignored or
overlooked.

The public who came in were great, there was a nice cross section of
people from all walks of life; they loved the space and the food.
There were 3 girls who turned up after arriving to late for one event,
got lost on the way to another then ended up at Matilda for which they
spent most of the night. When they were leaving they said they had
spent the last hour trying to leave but just kept getting sucked back
in. Yay!! The true Matilda way. Some people were so impressed with the
show they thought it was part of the official event.

Eric