[matilda] Hacklab 3/11/2005

Alan Dawson aland at burngreave.net
Thu Nov 3 17:53:15 GMT 2005

I can't make it hacklab tonight.

Its  ten to 6, I'm still at work, and I've left the kit I was going to get my
techno-jouissance on tonight at home.. so thats  where i'm going

( Neoware eon 4000 thin clients - run Linux, got them bootin from a Ubuntu
installed hard disk last week, wants disk on chip driver installing (DOC) so
can reformat the DOC and add a LTSP kernel for use as LTSP clients )

. so the Hacklab will have to cope without me.  Sorry,

PS if anybody has good ideas on how to hack DOC devices.. I'd love to know.

AED
--
"If you make decisions about software -- or anything -- based solely on
short-term cost and benefit, someone with a longer view can easily