[matilda] disabilities : looking at the back-yard

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 10:56:02 GMT 2005

Disabilities may be both physical and mental/social; some persons also
suffer from multiple disabilities. Whilst we may think that, at Matilda
the physical disabilities side is being looked after, perhaps we need to
ask ourselves if we'd honestly be able to handle a wider inclusivity
scenario:

Look at the "I'm sick of it" problem: this person does suffer from a
medical condition, bulimia. HOw do we regard this person, how do we
treat him, how do we relate to him? (Just let's ask ourselves this
question). That's just a live sample of a disability situation at
Matilda. How do we tackle others, who need not to be mentioned by their
proper names... Live samples of social disabilities, persons left behind
due to behavioural problems or whatever... My impression is that there
is tolerance, because they're just a few, a tolerance bordering with
irritation. So... are we willing, or just prepared? Perhaps a collective
could be created, in charge of organizing training courses, if
necessary. Don't you think? Perhaps the Mind persons could become more
involved.

auntie amp