Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisis of consensus

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Tue Nov 8 11:02:37 GMT 2005

Hi

On Tue 08-Nov-2005 at 10:11:30AM +0000, Steve Against the
War wrote:

> The anticapitalist position was that no part of Matilda
> should be used for any private finanacial gain. The
> anarchist perspective (which includes me) was more
> against setting such rules and wanted to allow
> collectives and individuals more autonomy - ie. trust
> them to get on with stuff that doesn't interfere with
> others projects.

For what it's worth I'm not an anarchist, I am opposed to
capitalism, however I'm also opposed to all activity at
Matilda having a Non-Commercial use clause (which seems to
be the effect of the 'anticapitalist position')... I have
explained this before:

  http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-October/000740.html

I wonder if some more general political discussion /
debate about things like the nature of capital and
capitalism etc would help... I think they probably would
but I don't have any suggested format for something like
this...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World