Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisis of consensus

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Tue Nov 8 11:47:59 GMT 2005

As I recall, from the discussions we were having some time ago about
what the basic decision making principles of Matilda should be, one of
the few things that we did seem to have relative consensus on was that
events should be agreed through consensus, rather than blocked by
consensus (in particular, if the default position were to be permissive,
  whoever it was who proposed the event would be able to force it
through by vetoing any attempt to stop it).

I'm not convinced that a non-commercial clause is appropriate in the
context of using Matilda as an art space, it rather begs the question of
how and whether we expect our artists to actually make any money. Also,
given that the LTT is a commercially driven type, a non-commercial
clause would sound slightly hypocritical.

Chris

PS. If the collective does adopt a default go-ahead position, I'd like
to book the first all England kitten Rugby championchips for the week
after next.