Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Tue Nov 8 13:12:01 GMT 2005

Many other social centres use the term 'non-profit' as a way to
describe themselves. I think this would be clearer and more helpful
to people.

This is less vague than commerical, as it makes clear that we may
engage in exchange with money, ie-paying into gigs, or for a cup of
tea at the cafe, which some people may call, in a broad sense,
'commerical activity.' However, it makes clear that we are not
making money when we do this, which is how others define
'commercial activity.'

So, yes, could we say 'non-profit' or 'not-for-profit' instead of
'non-commerical?'

Gavin
xxx