[matilda] RE: Re[2]: Matilda's non-commercial use clause

Joe Morris malatesta_uk at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 9 14:32:20 GMT 2005

Dan>One of the key parts seems to be: it's OK for the rest of the world, but
not in
Dan>MATILDA.

That's not what I said.

Dan>Again, who else aside from you believes this?

What does that matter?

Dan>Joe, we all have our own visions of what it should be as well.  What I
haven't
Dan>heard is any argument as to why yours is better than anyone else's.

Dan, I'm aware of that.

Dan>You may disagree - but you're one person in MATILDA.

What are you trying to prove?

Dan>In some ways, this is one time I'm glad this is happening on-list,
because
Dan>actually trying to talk to you about any of this is terrifying.  But
you're
Dan>still shouting, even on-list.

Considering you've physically threatened someone in the space and smashed
a window with a hammer because of your inability to control your anger, I'm
quite astonished at your cheek!

Dan>We've agreed we work by consensus - you agree we did that, yes? - and
that is
Dan>about the personal being political, as much as anything else.  It's as
much
Dan>about how we relate to each other in the space - of which this list is
an
Dan>extension.

I don't HAVE to relate to you Dan, because you're never in Matilda, so this
is
all academic. If the needs arises where I have to listen to you, then maybe
can accomodate you.

Dan>I find it difficult to argue or discuss with someone who will say things
like
Dan>'read my e-mails next time', as though the truth of your theoretical
insight
Dan>should be self-apparent to us all.

Then don't discuss anyting with me? Simple.

Further, I've not been cryuptic or used massively dense language to
portray my point.

Dan>I don't feel as though you're willing or able to concede that
Dan>other people might have different points of view.

Likewise.

Dan>Yes -that does mean moving toward accepting that you're
Dan>position might alter in the light of discussion and argument.

When someone presents an argument that is right, I will "concede"
but in this particular instance, I was asked to clairfy my point. I was
asked my opinion, I gave it and I've participated in a debate. I have
had nothing back that would make me think twice about what I've
said. Not because I think my opinion is sent down from the heavens,
but because I keep having names and accusations or ad hominem rants
thrown at me.

The little argument that came back, I don't agree with. Is that allowed?

Dan>Maybe Steve *wants* to sell his labour.

And like I've said constantly said thoughout all this, that's fine.
I just don't see why Matilda should be the sapce to maintain
that status quo.

Joe