[matilda] (no subject)

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Fri Nov 11 22:39:38 GMT 2005

Dear Joe,

You must know that personal details are not to be discussed in a public
list, whatever the context... because of potentially harmful
consequences. And some details you've got slightly mistaken; or perhaps
since i'm a foreigner, my language filters act in a protective way
sometimes...

As i understood the arguments, and i was present in the meeting, the art
show was proposed for the benefit of matilda AND to cover the costs of
the event (paint included, and plywood boards, quite hard work to
transport upstairs as you know): the costs would include other persons
in the collective who are now paying from their pockets... Why do do
want to make Matilda poorer and not richer?

The other Steve atw proposed also that these questions were sorted out
on a case per case basis, for each particular event. I think we need to
continue this discussion face to face... an overwhelming majority is
likely to be in favour of some more true solidarity and human warmth...
We need to discriminate: a rigid rule can't be imposed regardless of the
human beings involved. What would Oscar Wilde have thought?

Amp