Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Nov 16 10:49:27 GMT 2005

>> All that has to happen is the same as the alcohol. Matilda buys all
>> the art to be displayed in the Art shop before it comes into the
>> building. No actual money would have to change hands. It could all be
>> done on a basis of IOUs. And all artwork would be taken on a sale or
>> return basis.

Amparo> Did you discuss this issue on Monday?

No I left it to anyone who wanted to actually make the Artshop happen
but no one brought it up.

I think the problem with the artshop is probably more to do with
practical reasons now - like how to get customers in there.

Amparo> Do you mean Matilda would pay in cash for the art bought from artists,
Amparo> before selling it?

No, an IOU means "I owe you". It's a reciept for money owed.

Amparo> Perhaps the technical problem here could be sorted out if any
Amparo> transactions actually were to take place outside the building...

Amparo> What if you had created, say, ten logos and matilda wanted to use them
Amparo> for T-shirts, or Christmas gifts ...could they be purchased and how?

The same way. As long as they were purchased by Matilda outside the
building.

Amparo> An "Art shop" like any art shop on any museum?

Just what people have been calling the idea for local artists to
display and sell their work at Matilda.

Amparo> anyway, thanks for promoting brainthunders..

No probs. I spoke to Joe last night and he felt this would be a way
forward too.

steve