Mailtda's non-commercial use clause, was: Re: [matilda] crisisof consensus

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Thu Nov 17 10:29:42 GMT 2005

Amparo> I don't see a problem here: "customers" will arrive to watch an artshow
Amparo> (like the current fringe event which is attracting a good audience but
Amparo> is being ignored as a potential target --except for email addresses
Amparo> being collected--). But communications seem somewhat to be stagnant. Do
Amparo> you really, honestly believe that someone would dare bringing up the
Amparo> topic of an artshop after what was said in the previous meeting (after
Amparo> the open rejection and passionate refusal)? It's an odd way of
Amparo> thinking... wounds need a bit longer to heal.

I hope if anyome was still interested in the Art shop they should
bring it up again. That people feel passionately about things is no
reason to stop talking about them. In fact it makes it more important
to talk about them. It's the only way to resolve them. Wounds that are
left don't always heal. They can fester. After time divisions grow and
we won't have a very cohesive group.

I really hope that no one is scared to bring any item to the Monday
meeting. That would be a very sad state of affairs indeed. The main
problem is the lack of time to get through long agendas. Thankfully
this list can alleviate that if the more difficult debates take can
take place here, at least in part. There is simply not enough time to
agree some of these in a two hour, once per week meeting.

Since my last proposal regarding the Artshop no one has disagreed. I
spoke to Joe and he said he liked the idea. Maybe it would be
acceptable to others too if brought up on a Monday. It's different to
what was proposed before. The only way is to try it and see.

The major stumbling block is practical: how to get people into
Matilda. Mark C was saying that we'd probably have to have someone
flyering all day on the Moor to get a steady stream of visitors into
the place because we're so far off the main drag. I think he is right.
The shop he did worked because of where it was. It seemed to have
people in there the whole time. Most people who come won't buy
anything - they'll just look, so you need a lot of visitors if you
want to make it viable.

Urban Decay (Art05) doesn't seem to get many people in and that has
been advertised and is part of a much bigger event.

steve