[matilda] website suggestion

Chris chris at aktivix.org
Thu Nov 17 20:12:15 GMT 2005

Hi

On Thu 17-Nov-2005 at 05:29:50PM +0000, Amparo P Gutierrez
wrote:
> Why have we started with another CMS without having
> agreed upon first?

Alan posted about it here on the 9th Nov:

  http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-November/001159.html

And also last Sunday:

  http://lists.aktivix.org/pipermail/matilda/2005-November/001215.html

And there wasn't any dissent...

More works needs to be done on it... it's a work in
progress...

> Dan wrote:
>
> >Well, if we could use Joomla (used to be Mambo) that
> >
> >1. Has polls

So does MKDoc...

> >2. Has a discussion forum component, event component
> >etc.

MKDoc doesn't have a forum but Vanilla looks good for
this... It does have a time range component which is an
event component in everything but name...

> >E.g. look at my effort at www.cohousing.org.uk - a
> >helpful poll on the right, and a forum on the left in
> >the main menu.

We can set all this up...

> >Advantages: I know how to use this CMS, and we can make
> >the template look any way we want.

Same for MKDoc... I was thinking of setting up a
development version of the site and it could be set up so
that others also can access the templates using
TortoiseSVN http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/ if needs be...

> >Disadvantage: we've already started with another CMS.

Yeah, but it's not quite there yet...

Chris

--
Aktivix -- Free Software for a Free World