[matilda] paying cleaners?! punk rocking

Joe Public iloveavocado at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 18 12:38:32 GMT 2005

"2) Cleaning the place: i propose here and now to pay a cleaner (or more
cleaners) from the unemployed locals to regularly clean toilets and main
gallery: nobody is doing it after the Monday meetings. If any problem
with money transactions, this could also take place outside the building."

I'm shocked this suggestion has been made! We need to share out the dirty
work between us, not farm it out to someone as a rubbish job. I spent a
short time as a cleaner this summer and it was horrible, not least because
if the people working in the office had spent maybe 5 minutes every other
day cleaning up after themselves, I wouldn't have been needed at all. We
have to take responsibility for the mess we make, not exploit people by
giving them shit jobs.

On a slightly different note, the gig last Tuesday was a big success - lots
of people came and all the bands were awesome (especially mine*).
Unfortunately the singer from my band cracked the glass top of the bar by
trying to crush cans on it with a hammer, but he has been suitably chastised
and it was out of a skip anyway.

*except when we weren't

Here's some notes on money, because I'm not going to be at the next Monday
meetings

£150 made on the door (£3 entry charged to most people)
-£60 for Flamingo 50 (van hire - £50/day, they're on tour)
-£20 for BSD
-£20 for FDK
-£15 for Up Late
-£5 for TENS