[matilda] meeting afterthoughts

dougald hine writetodougald at gmail.com
Tue Oct 4 12:19:05 BST 2005

There's nothing 'closed' about a members only party, so long as anyone
who asks is allowed to become a member.

The ONLY kind of parties we can have are 'members only', because
otherwise we're breaking licensing law - and, given that the two
neighbouring nightclubs will make complaints, we will get raided by
the police and kicked out of the building very quickly.

Just because some skilled de-escalation prevented the police entering
last time, doesn't mean that will work in future. By having 'members
only' events, we have the right to refuse the police entry to the
building.

--
Dougald Hine
46 Alderson Road, Sheffield S2 4UD