[matilda] Social centres, funding and the PGA Hallmarks

dan at aktivix.org dan at aktivix.org
Thu Oct 6 09:32:47 BST 2005

Ha ha.

You're joking of course. Ha ha.

Now, let me see - I don't seem to recall anyone saying that the PGA Hallmarks
were going to be 'ratified' at this meeting....?

In fact, the notes say:

"The PGA hallmarks were intended to be discussed after this point had been
reached but time ran out. It was agreed that they will be discussed at the next
meeting continuing this process. The PGA hallmarks have not been ruled out."

http://wiki.sheffieldsocialforum.org.uk/21st_September_Matilda_meeting

Note: continuing the process....

So Cuthbert: please tell me you're winding me up. This is the kind of absolutely
exhausting game I played for yonks with the SWP, and I really cannot believe it
would happen in MATILDA. I mean - changing the name from collective to PGA!?
HAHAHAHA ha! Oh, that's funny! Er...

Nah - you must be joking. Surely no group of eight people would unanimously
decide to 'ratify' something, knowing how many other people who couldn't make
it don't agree? And knowing that it had been agreed that the process was
open-ended...?

If you're not joking, then it doesn't matter anyway: that a small group would be
capable of just pushing through their way against known opposition, merely by
caucusing, is SWP-type behaviour of the worst sort, and I'd want nothing to do
with such a group.

Autonomy and decentralisation? Hur hur...

So, anyway, maybe someone can tell me you're joking....

If not, it's been nice working with you, and I'll miss you, but I ain't working
with any group with such authoritarian tendencies...

Here's hoping I have to shamefully apologise for not knowing a joke when I see
one.

love

Dan
---