[matilda] three proposals for monday

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Tue Oct 11 18:15:03 BST 2005

>From me and J (and ben):

1. A locked room for the bar, so that there is no 'leakage' between
events. This is important - some people are putting up the money to
order beer, and other people are drinking it in the meantime and
not repaying them.

2. To add "no sexism, racism or homophobia" to our ground rules on
the wall. Apparently its not on there. This isn't covering all
kinds of exclusion, and perhaps other people would like to propose
others, and naturally they're free to propose them, and of course
it's not an exhaustive list. But it's a start. Hopefully no one has
a problem with opposing sexism, racism and homophobia in this
space.

3. I and Ben want to have a meeting to produce a "welcome to
matilda" poster. We'd like other people to come and help. It is NOT
an overarching 'defining what we are' meeting. It's a much more
feasible, specific and practical task than that. It is simply to
produce one poster to introduce people new to the space (generally)
to what we are and what you can do here. This is different to
coming up with a set definition of what we are - The task proposed
is simply to produce a single resource, which doesn't stop other
people producing their own alternative versions of such a poster
later on if they like. We will use the notes produced in the two
'what we are' meetings to come up with something as representative
as we can, and we will check our provisional poster ONCE with a
monday meeting before producing the final poster.