[matilda] proposal for wed 'events' meeting

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Tue Oct 11 18:26:43 BST 2005

On the list, Rocky, Dan and myself have all seperately proposed
version of this. I hope this covers them all fairly:

That we agree on a minimum number of committed people who gaurantee
to turn up and facilitate an event. Currently that number is set at
one. It needs to be more than this. These people would all have the
role of the 'matilda person' in the events guidelines we have, and
would have to make sure all the bases were covered for door,
security, food, drink etc. Without this number, an event couldn't
(practically) happen.

However, different events may need different numbers of matilda
facilitators, and some events (like c90!) might be unexpectedly
busy, so this shouldn't be one set number of people for all events.
We'd need either a sliding scale for different events, or a
consideration of how busy an event is likely to be (ie-is it, like
c90, going on late and being held in freshers' week...)