Events types, was: Re: [matilda] Re: gigspace collective related-proposal

Anthony Mullen ant_mullen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 20:59:25 BST 2005

Hiya,
    I like Chris's 3 points and I think we should try
to lump things together.  I like Helene's different
examples as well.  I do think that the situation at
Matilda is different from the 1 in 12 Club though:

We are in a very prominent location (I struggled to
find the 1 in 12 the first and second times I went
there).

The 1 in 12 is a liscensed premises.

I don't think (correct me if I'm wrong) that the 1 in
12 is close to other venues putting on gigs, etc.

I don't think we need anywhere near as many 'MATILDA'
people for a punk gig to run smoothly as for a big
party, I think we probably do need more than 1.

Another point related to the number of people needed
to run events:

For both the No Borders and C90 the organisers have
majorly underestimated the number of people that will
turn up.  With our location and how prominent the
building is, I think we should expect shit loads of
people to turn up when we do those types of events
(not necessarily for punk gigs).

thankyou and goodnight
Rocky