[matilda] Re[4]: gig costs vs party costs - was - proposal for wed 'events' meeting

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 12 11:34:57 BST 2005

gavin> A gig does have higher costs, usually, than a free party. I
gavin> hope this gives an idea of what some of the more common costs
gavin> are there.

Thanks Gav, that's really useful info.

It does still seem that P.A. costs are significant though. Depending
on how many gigs/parties we intend to put on it still might work out
better to invest in our own one. My rough, uninformed guessitimate
would be £1000 - £2000. If we're talking about having a gig about once
a week then it could pay for itself in 10 weeks. As well as that it
would save the bands all the hassle of sorting it out each time which
would make Matilda even more attractive I'd have thought.

If there were any failed nights (like only 3 people turning up) it
wouldn't feel like we'd really lost out as much since the P.A would be
just be sitting there anyway.

And if Matilda were ever to close we could sell it and give the money
to whatever group or cause we felt most worthy.

steve