[matilda] action against nuclear weapons

Elanor Baylis carryonclimbing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 17:49:45 BST 2005

hello,
I am wanting to get a group together to do an affinity group action on
Monday the 24th Oct. There is Trident ploughshares action against Rolls
Royce in Derby, the intention is to do a lock on in order to protest at
Rolls Royce's involvements in the arms trade. (for more info see their web
page)
Trident ask groups to pre-register and request that everyone on the action
comes to non-violent direct action training on the Sunday 23rd. There are a
few of us interested (its the same weekend as the anarchist bookfair but not
the same day, so many are away) and we would like to invite others to join
us, either prepared to lock on or to do support roles. Eg. give water and
food, make activists comfortable and informed about what the situation is.
Those who actually lock on are likely to be arrested so this must be born in
mind. I propose that there is a brief meeting at some point soon, but can
you email me directly if you would like to be involved or seek more info.
(Don't email the list)
thanks elanor