[matilda] Re: Re[2]: gig costs vs party costs - was - proposal for wed 'events' meeting

cuthbert at riseup.net cuthbert at riseup.net
Wed Oct 12 17:13:09 BST 2005

I'm not sure if this debate is going anywhere now so i am just going to
make two more points and then shut up.

1) Every event that has happened at matilda has beem totally rammed, so
untill we have a gig and see how full that event is we wont know
(hopefully we wont have to wait that long).  Maybe we should have a gig
without the matilda collective being informed of the probable cost of
staging the event, see what happens and revisit if nessasary.

2)
> Is a cut asked for from the artist for using the space upstairs even
> though, like a diy collective they have paid for use
> of the building. Do we have a say where the artist
> spends the profit they have made?

On this issue we did actually go to a monday meeting saying that we were
giving out space on a long term basis and that we were not going to ask
for any money at this stage but if in the future matilda required more
funds we would look again at the issue.  Nobody had any problems at the
time if anyone does then please tell us.

cuthbert