[matilda] capitalist shit (was: gig costs...)

R&A robin_amparo at tiscali.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 00:29:55 BST 2005

For this reader, a "clear rejection of capitalism" and the
"confrontional attitude" are best embodied in the Killer Cola campaign,
or in the boycott Bush campaign started some time ago. (Remember the
Leeds' students that came to the UK social forum?)
Well, but on the other hand neither statement means literally that you
cannot use money, pounds as a currency, or that all activists are denied
access to financial transactions, obviously. Activists would then be
like monks from religious orders with their three vows of chastity,
poverty and obedience...

If we stretch the literal interpretations-- quite often too narrow when
not well adjusted to its micro-social context-- then a clear rejection
and confrontational attitude are also shown in an efficient management
that yields profits to support lost "good" causes. (Something like Robin
Hood's good actions in his not capitalist age).

So in a way --provided we are legally covered against liabilities,
assuming that we all wish longevity to matilda, i don't see any point in
arguing about capitalist shit, if we are in agreement about 1) Where to
allocate the funds;
2) If there is any profit(over break even point), where to allocate the
profits or surplus.

Why should activists, mostly not rich, be paying from their own pockets
because costs have not been covered?

Anyway, this is just an abstract shit; since no common strategy has yet
been adopted and might well never be, ideally (each collective an
autonomous limb of the common body);)

BTW i loved the trolley sound performance at Matilda, first time i'd
seen them in action.

shit and music, poetry and sound,

R&A