[matilda] Direct action Derby

Elanor Baylis carryonclimbing at gmail.com
Thu Oct 13 12:06:31 BST 2005

hello,
There is a blockade action against Rolls Royce in Derby on the 24th October.
Trident Ploughshares are asking affinity groups to do actions against Rolls
Royce in protest at their involvement with the Nuclear Weapons industry.
There are a few of us from the Matilda collective wanting to form an
affinity group for this action, if anyone else would like to join us please
email me OFF list.
We need two seperate sets of people - arrestable and non-arrestable (or at
leaset unlikely to be arrested) the former to do the lock on and the latter
to support them - make sure that activists are comfortable, informed, have
food and water and know where people are taken once they have been arrested.

 Sorry if a similar email appears on list, but it hasn't come to me so i
assume i failed to send it!
  If you are interested here are the details from the website:
 *22nd October - 24th October*
Weekend of Action against Rolls Royce in Derby

Rolls Royce Raynesway is the plant in Derby responsible for producing
reactor fuel for Trident submarines - essential for Britain's nuclear
Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Saturday 22nd - leafleting and street theatre in Derby, followed by a public
meeting.

Sunday 23rd - nonviolent direct action training, vigils and preparation for
Monday's action.

Monday 24th - nonviolent blockade of the site

Indoor accommodation available Saturday and Sunday night. Anyone who plans
to take part in the blockade is expected to come to the training on Sunday
and agree to the nonviolence guidelines in advance.
The conditions that Trident are asking others to ascribe to are as follows:

**

1 We will show sincerity and respect at all times

2 We will not engage in physical or verbal violence or aggression towards
anyone at all during the whole time of the action.

3 We will not carry or use any weapons.

4 No alcohol or drugs (other than for medical purposes) will be used
throughout the time of the gathering.

5 All participants will come to the NVDA training and briefing on the
Sunday.

6 We will clear the blockade to allow emergency vehicles in or out of the
site and resume the blockade when they have passed.
No dogs