[matilda] Bodies needed at Matilda - can you spare 30mins here and there

Anthony Mullen ant_mullen at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 18 18:51:26 BST 2005

Dear all,
       We've had a pretty productive day here today.
We've had the Scaff tower, up glazed some windows, and
some people have learned the mysterious arts of the
glazer.  And thats just whats been happening outside
the building.

We've found that we need quite a few people to erect
the scaffolding tower and then dismantle it (5 or 6
really), but we could maybe do it with 4.

Therefore, to make the continued work on the windows
possible we need a few people to come and help set up
on Thursday and Friday mornings for half an hour at
10am and to take down at 5.30pm Thursday and 4.30pm
Friday.

This will only work if people are prompt at these
times.  If we are hanging around waiting for people to
arrive, some people who've only got a half hour window
may have to leave.

We need people on the ground and up the tower, so
those less comfortable with heights can still be very
useful.

Also we still need people to do the actual work when
the tower is up.  We had 2 to 4 people working today,
which seems a good number.  There is loads of useful
stuff that can be done without going up the tower
(we've got volunteers for this role on Thursday, but
not Friday and Saturday yet).  So if anyone can turn
up and help at any point during the day, then that
would be great.

We've not worked out the set up and take down times
for Saturday will be yet, or whether we will need to
work on Sunday and Monday.  Watch this space.

Thanks to everyone who helped today, it was really
inspiring.  And if you can get here for those
important half hours then everything in the garden
will be rosey.

cheers
Rocky