[matilda] Monday meeting & gig policy

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Wed Oct 19 12:46:43 BST 2005

>things are often tense cos there is not enough time to discuss
>things properly.  When people care alot about things being rushed
can
>lead to frustration and misunderstandings which then can't be
>rectified. This was certainly the case at the last meeting.

I think there's also some more basic mistrust and bad feeling
developing in the group, too. I think a) that this IS an urgent
matter, and b) there's more than one way we can address this,
besides more meetings. Even ones with really good procedure.

>Playing 'really silly games' has never made me friends with
>anyone, working together in a respectful way has.
>However I know different things work for different people so my
>point here is really about a shortage of time.

I'll admit my proposal develops out of a certain avant garde
approach to politics, which might not make sense to some folks, and
so I'd ask you to suspend your cyncism for a bit (in the spirit of
working together in a respectful way).

But I take your point about time for urgent matters next meeting,
so the games experiment can be postponed.