[matilda] Re: Grand Matilda opening night 27th Oct

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Wed Oct 19 20:05:13 BST 2005

> s/speculators in the area (including the owners of the
> building)?
> as Joe asked what is the actual reasoning behind inviting them?
> There seems to be a general view that we don't discuss certain stuff on this
> public list - like our status in the building - but we need to remember what
> their interests are.
> And who are 'the other CIQ people who have sympathy'.  It seems to me they
> will probably come to an art opening night anyway.

perhaps Eric's message has already made it clear that nobody is inviting
the big cheeses; nobody has declared it is going to be a "grandiose"
evening  just that it's a safe possibility to make matilda more public,
as it fits its role of a building devoted to arts.

 From my viewpoint, as i've been involved since the beginning, the art
05 open evening and successive days of exhibition may  serve as an
"umbrella" for other fringe events as well where arts may be taken in a
  widest sense.

Also i agree with you and support the suggestion that a set of
priorities should be followed on the next meeting agenda: art05
preparations is a priority, and perhaps reports from other collectives
could follow afterwards, etc.

amp