[matilda] Suggestion for a regular MATILDA Workday

Anthony Mullen ant_mullen at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 21 13:57:52 BST 2005

Now then, now then, now then.
       Its turning out that MATILDA is a rather large,
drafty old building which even, it if hadn't been
neglected by its owners for years, would require lots
of work to maintain.

After the experience of the last couple of weeks and
trying to get things sorted, I have a suggestioin to
make:

That we make every Thursday a MATILDA workday.  Why I
think this:

A regular day that you don't have to publicise each
time should ensure a decent turn out of people.

As we found yesterday, its easy to carry on working
till quite late if you know theres a hearty meal
awaiting you a 7.30 - 8ish.

The day felt really good yesterday, a natural flow
from working, to people arriving for the social,
rather than spending a day working then all going our
seperate ways.

I don't think we'll run out of useful jobs to do in
the near future.

It should go some way towards addressing the problem
that D pointed out a couple of weeks of work happening
and other people not knowing its going on.

Its a good way for people who aren't in one of the
working groups, or new people to get involved (in fact
most of the people working yesterday and a significant
number on Tuesday were not part of working groups).

If we do adopt this idea, then I think it would maybe
be a good idea to get 1 or 2 people to take on
co-ordinating the day (like we do with the cooking for
the social).  This should ensure people have access to
the building and that there aren't too many folk sat
around twiddling their thumbs.

What da ya all think?

Rocky