[matilda] Doug the man and atw

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Tue Oct 25 11:58:50 BST 2005

Kathleen> I haven't had the time as a single mum with kids
Kathleen> at school to come from outside Sheffield to Matilda, I was
Kathleen> thinking of doing you all a mural as I have done a few
Kathleen> before and am quite nifty at it but I may as well go and do
Kathleen> one at the old folks home.

Aha. Getting all your info about Matilda through this list is going to
give you one seriously skewed impression of Matilda.

Only last night were we discussing the problems of email lists -
specifically the Indymedia one, but the problems seem common. With the
lack of body language, facial expression, tone of voice and
intonation, coupled with the fact that people generally try to be
concise/brief/terse/worse things often come out in ways unintended.
Also someone pointed out a gender divide on lists which was
interesting too.

Anyway I guess being a single mum is really hard and you don't have
much time. I know other parents who would probably get involved more
too so I don't if there's something that could be done to help. Maybe
we could organise a creche, or kids room or .... ??? We certainly have
the space and this might be another way to put it to good use.

steve