[matilda] Doug the man and atw

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 10:55:26 BST 2005

So someone just launched into an extended criticism of 'us' in general
for failing to take effective action and effect the people with the
power to change things, and as a knock out punch revealed that we are no
longer likely to have the privilege of ... her coming and painting a
mural. Does anyone else feel like they're in some sort of Twilight zone?

I don't even want to know why painting a mural is a more profoundly
effective and meaningful blow against capitalism and bureaucracy than
any of the other things mentioned. Plus, bureaucracy is not a sign of
capitalism any more than the sign of any attempt to construct communal
order on a significantly sized group of people - I defy someone to name
a system which doesn't have some equivalent in it. Its almost enough to
make a person want to get a job.

"Sell out, with me oh yea, sell out, with me tonight
Record company's gonna give me lots of money
And every thing's gonna be all right"

Chris

PS. I have a music radio show 9.30pm on Wednesday night on the student
radio webcast, www.sureradio.com. We play ambient, electronica, ebm,
metal and whatever else is going, so if any of you creative types has a
track which you'd like me to play to my hordes of listener (sic), let me
know.