[matilda] [Fwd: Fw: Islam Awareness Week]

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 12:01:04 BST 2005

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Fw: Islam Awareness Week
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 11:54:46 +0100
From: Steve Chapman <schapman at cafod.org.uk>
To: Steve Chapman <schapman at cafod.org.uk>

fyi
----- Original Message -----
From: "ISB ISB" <iaw_sheff at hotmail.com>
To: <schapman at cafod.org.uk>
Sent: Saturday, October 22, 2005 11:10 AM
Subject: Islam Awareness Week

> Hi,
>
> We are currntly organisinf IAW 2005, I have attached a copy of the invite
letter could you please circulate this to all your friends.

> Thanks
>
> Abdool
>
> Dear Sir / Madam,
>
> I am writing on behalf of the Islamic Society of Britain (ISB). We are a
national organisation, which aims to allay preconceived misconceptions about
Islam, and to promote a greater understanding of the Muslims’ way of life.

> Islam Awareness Week (IAW) is a dynamic vehicle for people to reach out
and connect with others of different beliefs and values. The week means of
enhancing community cohesion. It seeks to remove the stereotypes and
misunderstandings of the Islamic way of life that often hamper a meaningful
dialogue.

> This year we are launching Islam Awareness Week 2005 from the 21st – 27th
of November 2005. This year’s theme is Past and Present: 1000 years of Islam
and Britain.

> We would like to invite you to come and join us to celebrate Islam
Awareness Week  2005. We will be honoured if you could attend the launch of
Islam Awareness Week and our seminars

> Launch – “1000 years of Islam and Britain”
>
> Monday 21st November 2005
>
> Venue: Town Halll, Sheffield, S1 2HH
>
> Programme Starts: 4:00 PM
>

> 1-            “What Islam has contributed to Britain in the 21st Century?”
>
>                 Wednesday 23rd of November 2005
>
>                 Venue: Vestry Hall, bottom of Cemetery Road (back of
Waitrose)

>                 Programme Starts: 6:30 PM
>

> 2-            “Does Islam indoctrinate Muslims to terrorism?”
>
>                  Thursday 24th of November 2005
>
>                  Venue: Vestry Hall, bottom of Cemetery Road (back of
Waitrose)

>                  Programme Starts: 6:30 PM
>

> 3-            Debate: Does Islam contribute to peace, justice and
compassion?

>                 Friday 25th of November 2005
>
>                 Venue: Vestry Hall, bottom of Cemetery Road (back of
Waitrose)

>                 Programme Starts: 6:30 PM
>

> A buffet will be provided on the day. There will be Exhibitions to view
during the day. Those attending will cover a multitude of backgrounds and
plethora of diversity including MP’s, councillors, community leaders and the
media.

> If you would like any further information, please do not hesitate to
contact me. I will be looking forward to your reply with much anticipation.
Thank you.