[matilda] Give me fuel give me fire give me that which I desire...

Chris Malins chrismalins at gmail.com
Mon Sep 12 12:07:27 BST 2005

So, the government wants to get Saudi Arabia etc to pump more oil to
alleviate British prices? Which, one would imagine, would lead to more
oil being combusted, and thus enhance carbon emissions and drive climate
change. So much for the government's commitment to tackle the problem.

How about on Wednesday, if the government refuses to cease in its
attempts to force OPEC nations to pump more climate change driving oil,
we go and blockade the oil refineries (forming a perimeter outside the
perimeter formed by hauliers demanding lower prices) and insist that we
will not move unless the government agrees to commit itself to a gradual
reduction in global oil production, and not to reduce fuel tax.

And while we're at it, why not compare the treatment given to a few
people in lorries blocking the motorway network to the treatment given
to a couple of dozen of critical mass cyclists causing minor city centre
congestion? D'you think that the lorry drivers will be pushed off their
lorries? Arrested? Neither do I.

Love and rage,

Chris