[matilda] The time of life, a call for submission

Eric Winnert ericwinnert at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 15:46:12 BST 2005

 <ericwinnert at gmail.com>THE TIME OF LIFE

A call for submissions for an exhibition at the Access Space in Sheffield

The Access Space, 1 Sidney Street, Sheffield, S1 4RG.
http://lowtech.org/intro/

Exhibition dates; 3rd of October until 26th of October 2005,
Open evening Friday the 7th of October
Delivery deadline; 26th of September 2005

Time is an invention, so they say, Time can be the measurement of movement
through Space. Time is relative; we are told we have never had so much time
but yet we feel that we never have enough time. History is the chronology of

Time; everything has a past, present and future. In modern times we all to
some degree live our life by the clock. Life is for living and it takes Time
to do, Time and Life can be a cycle; birth, life, death and rebirth. Life
can have moments or we can live a life in a moment.

The show 'The Time of Life' will look at Time and the meanings it has for us
and how we understand what it is and how we relate to it. The aim of the
show is to heighten the understanding of Time and how it affects us, how
Time can be used within art to brighten and lighten the live's of its
creator and viewer.

In October 05 the Access space will present its second exhibition in its new
programme. 'The Time of life' will be the second group show curated by Eric
Winnert with the aim to brighten up and stimulate creative action within the
Open access computer labs.

The first show Light through my Window can be viewed here:
http://www.ericwinnert.co.uk/light

There will be two spaces for the work, the foyer which can show work up to a
maximum size of 2 foot square and the main area which needs to have a
minimum size of 2 foot square and a maximum size of 4 foot 6 inches High.
All 2D work will be considered, Photography, painting, printmaking,
drawings, textiles, and collage. We reserve the right to not display work
which we believe may cause offence.

To submit send images by email, either as JPEG's or website links of the
work with a brief CV and statement of the work being submitted to
ericwinnert at gmail.com

For more information and to submit contact
Eric Winnert
ericwinnert at gmail.com
07814 954899
http://www.ericwinnert.co.uk
http://lowtech.org/intro/

*Delivery of the work is the artist responsibility.
**If you receive this email please pass it on to people you may think be
interested.