[matilda] Re: Comrade Temp - Accomodation !

Benjamin Major complexitybenjamin at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 16 19:03:08 BST 2005

Those of us who know who James is (and he has been to Matilda several times,
including in it's pre Matilda days, and he even joined us up in Stirling at
the G8) will know that it would probably be a great idea, and very healthy
for him, to move out of his home in MK as he lives with his mother there who
sounds like she has problems herself and he is quite clearly in need of a
new start in a new place. They will know that he is a nice bloke.

However, those people will also know that James is not equipped with great
social skills; the fact is that it is unlikely he would contribute to the
Matilda collective in any constructive way if he was to stay there for a
month. On the one hand it is really important that he is around people who
will have plenty of time for him, and he's welcome to come to Matilda to
visit anytime, but on the other hand he is also likely to be a burden on
Matilda's resources due to his lack of understanding of communal living; at
least this is the impression I've always got (please correct me if I'm
wrong).

I think it would be a really nice gesture if someone could put him up for a
while (there is a chance that I would have if I wasn't living in the family
home presently). I've had the temptation whilst talking to nice, gentle,
homeless, unbelonging people to invite them along to Matlida. But I know it
is a temptation that I cannot risk, because we not equipped to provide
social services to such people in need. But if someone can give James some
advice about moving to Sheffield, then please do it!

He needs to get of Milton Keynes and quick!