[matilda] Critical Mass

Simon Geller simon.geller at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Sep 20 13:28:07 BST 2005

Hi All

Thanks to Steve for putting on the showing of "Still We Ride" on
Saturday a week ago. What's happening to CM in New York is horrendous.

It led me to thinking that it was time to re-start CM in Sheffield. It
has existed in fits and starts in the past but has never really
consolidated. If anyone's up for it, we could do one on the 30th (CM
traditionally happens on the last Friday of the month)
starting outside the Matilda around 5:30 , and could end up back there
or at a pub of choice like the Sheaf View. Another option would be to
visit Nottingham, which seeems to be the nearest place with a regular
CM, and see how they go about it.
If anyone's interested let me know  - simon.geller at blueyonder.co.uk. CM
really doesn't work if there are only a couple of you, so word has to
get around. CM doesn't have leaders but with the consent of others I do
have a couple of ideas for things we could do, like discouraging drivers
from using bus lanes e.g. on Ecclesall Rd, or discouraging drivers from
parking on the cycle lane at Centretainment out in the Don Valley.

There are some rules of engagement at
http://www.pedalpushers.org.uk/newsandevents/criticalmass/cmass_flyer.pdf
(this mentions the station, but this isn't a good place to start a ride
at the moment)
and of course the main site at http://www.critical-mass.org/

Main thing is to have a bike & lights at this time of year.It's actually
a great way to start the weekend, with a bit of exercise and communal
activity.

Simon