[matilda] Re: proposal 3: writing workshop - again

Mr Jase Malgod spodulike at freeuk.com
Fri Sep 23 09:47:01 BST 2005

Amparo P Gutierrez writes:

> I can see that you stick to your old ideas.
>
> Don't ignore the Literary Workstation, unless you are doing it
> deliberately? Ignoring what we're trying to do in the same building?
>
> interesting...

I'm sure Dan didn't know about what you are involved in, or didn't see the
links. Your idea of writing and poetry translation seemed to be coming from
a different angle, more about expression and communication across borders
rather than creative writing for a specific purpose, but sure the aims can
be combined.

There are a lot of people wanting to do different stuff, some of that stuff
will be similar, so the question is when and how to combine, how to work
together, not cling onto an idea as property that must be undiluted or
unchallenged.

It is difficult because we all feel a sense of ownership, we want to see our
creations grow, but working on things together we have the chance to create
a far more beautiful thing than something worked on alone.

Communication is always important but difficult. Careless words can cause
hurt, but in response it is better to say things which will make ideas grow,
not cut them off or cause more hurt.

Otherwise we'll have to rename Matilda the Massive Argumentative Terrain of
Ignorance, Loathing, and Destructive Argy-Bargy

And that wouldn't be nice, that seems to be a better description of the
world outside.

Peace, love and fluffy things,

Jason