[matilda] Re: c90/ ticketing and fixed event prices

gavin at cyber-rights.net gavin at cyber-rights.net
Tue Sep 27 13:08:01 BST 2005

Hiya,

Okay, just spoke to c90. Tickets haven't gone out yet, and they
won't now.

c90 aren't taking any profit for themselves, Dan. They asked if it
would be possible to have some bar money as they have 3 artists
coming from abroad to play, and they're trying to cover the
travelling costs. So they have very high costs, and they don't want
to charge a high ticket price to cover this, and wanted to know if
the costs could be spread to the bar (to the tune of £100 if poss),
so the event is more accessible price-wise.

The gig won't have a huge turn out because it's a minority interest
thing of experimental, noisy, electronica. So it's not really a
standard club night, and is in line with MATILDA's ideal of
providing an alternative...the fact we have a free venue makes this
otherwise costly, non-mainstream gig possible.

I'll ask if they're still willing to do it on a 'suggested
donation' basis. I will also ask if they're willing to say a bit
about MATILDA and how it's different, but here's the rub.

What should they say? We haven't agreed a 'what we are' statement
yet. No other events put on here have used these kind of
statements, so we might be forced to let this slide, unless anyone
has any suggestions we can all agree to?

xxx