[matilda] art space update

Jez Dean red_nabu at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Apr 13 21:18:10 BST 2006

Hello,
   Firstly I know that it's not Dan's intention, but it is a little annoying for someone to request some where to do artwork, straight after the re-designation of a space that has long been available to everyone, but has been vastly under used. Understandably so in some respects, due to the room being in a very inconvenient place for people to do occasional artwork/banners, so that's why it was felt that is was best used as another studio for an artist who would use it regularly.

   I would propose that when the new cafe has been finished the space currently used for eating would be used as a mutli-purpose/recreation room. This could be used for painting banners (as the floor is already paint splattered), and for workshops on things such as making stencils and all other art and craft related activities (and other things naturally). Currently all banner making and craft materials are stored in the small room next to the existing cafe thus making it a logical place for these activities.

  So in essence I would encourage Dan and any others !!, to help make the new cafe space a reality so the current one can be used for other things. But if you cant wait you could do them in the meeting room?, cafe? or alternatively down in the tat room, which ever, I dunno !, ...meh.

  Laters people, take care,
  Jez.

Dan <dan at aktivix.org> wrote:
  Brilliant!

Quick question: is there space for people who want to do one-off or
intermitent work? I'd like to have a go at making a stencil at some
point. Could anyone offer a little corner somewhere?

Cheers,

Dan