[matilda] Call for witness : art collective meeting on Thursday 20 at 4pm

Amparo P Gutierrez amparo2yo at telefonica.net
Tue Apr 18 21:01:00 BST 2006

>   Furthermore if i ever have a spare roadworthy bike then the last person
> that i would give it to is 0742 who has previously tried to physicly
> attack/kill me inside matilda, it is the same person that consistantly
> gives me threats of death and also threatens to kill my familly and
> loved ones plus he constantly goes on paranoid rants against me.  So
> call it spite but i dont trust this person to piss on me if i were on
> fire let alone with one of my many bikes.
>
> sorry for the trouble everyone but it had to be said...

This seems very serious matter... Is anyone negotiating between you both?
I've been witness to one such "threat" and it looked like just verbal
vent of anger, nothing more, just hyperbolic expression, it's sad
because of the energy wasted in such quarrels,

what happens in the art collective/gallery sites is slightly different.
But the fact that there have been no formal meetings with minutes taken
in the past (remember Helena's advise, too late) is a serious hindrance
to let the truth shine through.

This is disturbing me, because Matilda does not endorse any kind of
authoritarian ideology (or strategy of deception, if lies were
purposefully being told, which i don't think it's the case).

SOmetimes i wished i had used a tape recorder or video audio system,
because people are denying having said what other persons heard them
saying...

Basically two silly arguments have entrapped me, and the serious offence
(let me call it that) of attempting to cast me away, cast me off as if
my contribution to the current m... gallery had been almost nil or
irrelevant... when i ask for explanations about how decisions are made.

However, thanks to my insistence, a meeting will be held by art
collective members this Thursday 20th at 4pm which was the convenient
time for Sarah and Jezz (and myself). Place was left unmentioned: it
will be inside Matilda at the usual place for meetings, unless anybody
disproves.

Please pass this message to persons concerned or involved who want to
participate in any future decision making process concerning the art
collective and the m... gallery collectives.

To Jezz in particular i recommend reading the minutes of the general
meetings at the time the first drawings of the building were produced by
NICK.

Bye for now: please come to the meeting, the agenda has to be drawn, we
don't need to only be discussing amparo's troubles.

Amparo

(This below can be skipped by most readers):

Jezz' contention was that the current site of the m... gallery (painted
nowadays in balck and white by Sheffield Hallam University students P.
and D.) was never in contention, was not discussed, and particularly he
denies that i had anything to do or contributed towards that room being
spotted and taken by the art collective. ... Jezz (who was part of the
crafts collective)  and Sarah maintain i was invisible by then, but i
was not obviously unheard at meetings, Helena will remember me well on
that occassion. And Anne will remember me on another occasion, asking
for some few pounds for the gallery (wall stripper liquid). This was
just a part of my whole involvement, which has been silenced, ommitted,
skipped by Simon and Jezz. Not acknowledging someone's work means
denying that person's rights, views or voice on the very subject.