[matilda] Re: SWAN posters

Mr Jase Malgod spodulike at freeuk.com
Wed Feb 1 11:22:15 GMT 2006

The level of fraud on IB (i.e. the 'working class' going onto IB cos of
poverty) is 0.5% according to the DWP up to 10% according to the BMA. The
needs of all people on IB are profound and the issue affects those from all
backgrounds. IB is not a soft option, it is a support for those who are at
the margins of society and at the edge of existence. It is a vital support
for those who are too ill to cope. Yes people take advantage of it because
they are in poverty, but to change that requires a wholesale change in
society, indeed many of those on IB are made ill because of the society we
live in, ill health from over work, fed crap by companies obsessed with
greed, living without community or support. But changing the world is a
little beyond us at the mo', so if it's ok with you we'll just try and get
some argument going against the green paper and try and stop things getting
really rubbish.

Most rely on IB because they have no other option, because they are ill or
because they are literally dying, and if that seems too 'middle class' an
issue, if it seems too bourgoisis to care about those who are in desparation
with life turning into a succession of illness or prejudice then you can
f*** off.

Jason