[matilda] sky news poll on asylum seekers

mark cohen mark_a_cohen at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 3 10:43:47 GMT 2006

Referring to the fatuous sky news online poll about a asylum seekers loosing
benifit

Yesterday Alan Wrote:
>This morning, it was about 25% vs 75% against benefit for refused asylum
>seekers.
>Now, at lunchtime, the vote in favour of benefit for refused asylum seekers
>has risen to 27.78% (4,641 votes), versus 72.21% (12,060 votes) against.

Well this morning when I placedd my X the vote was 32% vs 67%

What this means is anyones guess, especially as we know that these days
democracy seems to mean what America wants rather than what the voters want.
After all despite a "democratic" vote in Palestine and a "democraticly"
elected government in Iran the US government (ie GWB) still insists that
Hamas and the Iranian government do not represent the will of their people
because they seem intent on defying US desires. This from a man who was
"democraticly" elected with 62m votes from a population of 290m