[matilda] In these times..

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 16:36:59 GMT 2006

>Again a member of the Matilda community verbaly attacked another
>member of the communtity within a space where we people should feel
>safe and welcome..

Well I don't know which incident you are refering to but it would have
helped if you'd chatted to someone about it last night if it bothered
you so much.

Generally its better to talk to the people yourself if you think
they're putting people from coming in. It's also worth asking the
people who think have been verbally attacked and seeing what they
think of the situation. Might not be as bad as you think. People argue
and exchange sharp words all the time. It's just part of being human
and we have to deal with it as best we can.

Its also unlikely that just one side is to blame. Takes two to tango
as the saying goes but if we only see part of what happens we can
easily jump to wrong conclusions.

However we all need to be aware of new people coming into the building
and making an effort to make them feel especially welcome.

steve