[matilda] A glimpse of Post Gimboid Llama Function at Access

Rat Végétarien hjdsmdr at mixmail.com
Sat Feb 4 11:34:31 GMT 2006

http://www.artsheffield.org.uk/venues.php?venue=ACCESS%20SPACE

So there the Vegan Rats we headed towards the venue of the exhibition
with the strange name "Post Gimboid Llama Function".

which is post-modern-technology jargon-satire

::::::::;;;;;;;;;;;;____________???????

and here we arrive finally in sight of the MONKEYS.

http://barcode.deedah.org/blog/view_article.php?article_id=32

Now, what this artist Mr. Barcode is saying is also worth reading...
(see above link);

Barcode has confronted the viewers with themselves in a direct
non-confrontational manner.

By depicting these monkeys, portraits and even self-portraits, he leaves
us all with the impression of being watched by innocence and
irrecoverable paradise. These apes are peaceful watchers of our inner chaos.

Monkeys young and tender, teenager defiant apes' faces, philosophical
stances, a glimpse of complicity in our recognizing the human in the ape
and viceversa... And a glimpse of skepticism, as if wiser-than-human.

All this may be easy to ellicit from a quick contemplation of Barcode's
exhibition.

We wonder where the llamas will be. This is a contradictory and even
self-contradictory artist (watch out for more reviews about Carlos
Barcode in the future!)...

  Rat