[matilda] monday's meeting

worldwarfree at riseup.net worldwarfree at riseup.net
Wed Feb 8 11:33:40 GMT 2006

==downstairs kitchen==

This was discussed twice.  The eventual conclusion was that the
downstairs kitchen can, as it has been, be used for preparing and eating
skipped/freegan stuff that contains meat, provided the person doing so
uses seperate utensils etc from the upstairs kitchen and cleans up after
themselves.  Anything stored in the kitchen should be vegetarian - milk
ok, mutton no way.

Alright, it is far too fucking easy to say: a, one is paranoied. two,
being delusional etc however the above subject was raised to agenda on
Mondays meeting by myself however it seems the cafe collective had already
decided to talk about this..

On Sunday during The Bike  Workshop i brought my own food into Matilda
there are many reasons i find a vegon diet hard to substain and i'd be
more than happy to explain in person as to why:

Despite this i manged with the help of Mutlti Vitmins good frieneds to be
vegan and straight edged for 18 months. This means without drink drugs any
animal based products.

I have friends who are still vegan some for over 40 years there choice was
made in a time when we do not have the very good and real options there
are today:

What we need to understand is people eat meat because it is a choice they
make i have made that choice.

The subject of downstairs kitchen was i feel raised becuase i had cooked
my own food there:

Here is what happend following the bike workshop: I decided to thank
people for putting on the workshop and was stood at the far end door of
the Kitchen when a person barked at me to get out due to the fact i had a
cigi in my hand, i simply walked off.

A while later i was cooking more to share with others who had been working
all day on the art space i walked in the Kitchen space to find a person
there smoking and had been for a while.

I asked if friends wanted to share the food, another round of abuse come
my way, i simply ignored this again.

I feel very strongley this was brought to the meeting on Monday as another
form attack upon myself..

Now before one is told you are being paranoid i refer you to the e mail
from Dan

Sorry, been trying to keep this off list, but...

Actually, yes, I did mean you. Why? Hmm, let's see...

a) You've been obnoxious and abusive to me recently, e.g. leaving me phone
messages calling me 'middle class scum', which I don't see why I should
put up with any more than someone calling me a hooknose.
b) I've had enough of going to 0742-dominated meetings and would just like
some 0742-free space in my life.

So I'm not seeking conflict: I would just like this group to be 0742-free.
In large part because you've been nothing but abusive to me for the past
year.

Profuse apologies to MATILDA again. This was a one-off, I promise.

love

Dan

The above i feel is very much the thought and actions of others at Matilda
in this repsect i ask we spend some time looking at conflict within
Matilda and make evry effort to look ways of reaching resolution:

I feel we can no longer ignore the way some people are treated within
Matilda and if we are making every effort to be inclusive it also means
people already involved.

I would like to feel that Dan could be involved despite the issue he has
with me and likewise others i would like to feel involved.

This e mail come from a very long conversation at the pub last night with
some Matilda people and non Matilda people, lets see if we can make a real
move forward.

0742