[matilda] meeting

Anthony Mullen ant_mullen at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 13 18:00:13 GMT 2006

It was decided during the 1st meetings this year that
we would change the meeting structure.  This is copied
from meeting notes of 23rd Jan on Wiki:

> 3. Then followed a long rambing discussion on the
new > meeting structure. Despite possible problems it
was
> decided to try it and see. Because many things are
> still left to be resolved there would be extra
> meetings focusing on specific long term issues like
> money, decision making, security etc.

> Monday meetings were not to be held 3 weekly because
> of confusion. Instead fortnightly and hopefully
> monthly seemed a better solution.

> Agendas for spokes-council meetings should be made
> available well before meetings to give collectives
> time to discuss and agree their ideas. If any issues

> at meetings were late then there would be a break in

> the meeting to allow collectives to discuss this
> before the main spokes council bit....

My understanding of this is that we have the
inter-spokescouncil meetings once a fortnight and if
we arrange a special big meeting at some other time
then that is O.K. (this sould presumably have to be
advertised).

This hasn't happened this week - nobody has agreed to
have a meeting over a 'special issue'.

What B did at the social on Thursday was to try to
find out if there were issues that justified us having
a meeting today - from the conversations she had,
there seems to have been no enthusiasm for it.

One of the main reasons for changing the meeting
structure was so that we don't have to meet every
Monday.  However, so far this year there has been a
meeting every Monday.

If there are issue that need to be discussed then they
should be put on the Wiki for the next Monday's
inter-collectives meeting (plenty of time in advance
so that the collectives can discuss them).

I feel the only way we can increase (revive)
participation in the decision making process is to
have a sensible number of meetings.  There has been no
agreement to have a meeting tonight so any meeting
that goes ahead should be regarded as informal and
have no decision making powers.

cheers
Rocky

One of the main reasons to change the