[matilda] Closed meetings...?

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Thu Feb 16 14:54:05 GMT 2006

Dan> Really? When did that happen, I completely missed it.

Dan> Not that I've been recently, but I'm not actually a member of a
Dan> collective!  Are we really saying no-one can come to the meeting without
Dan> becoming a member of a collective?  How are new people supposed to get
Dan> involved?

Yeah twas discussed at length at more than one meeting and I'd be
surprised if it's not in the minutes somewhere, though all the
discussion obviously is not.

I think it is widely recognised that Monday meetings are not good
places for new people to go to get involved in Matilda. Much better to
get involved in actually doing something - ie. with a collective, or
by starting one.

It you like food there's the kitchen collective, if you just like the
building there's the building's collective, if you like politics
there's erm... oh yeah the ketamine collective.

I was quite wary of the new system at first but overall I guess it's
best just to get on with it and see how it works. If it's shite we can
always try something else.

steve