[matilda] 6am, 2am - no fucking way..

atw againstthewar at totalserve.co.uk
Tue Feb 21 12:38:20 GMT 2006

worldwarfree> A event was proposed at the meeting last
worldwarfree> night.. The moments from that
worldwarfree> meeting do not give a true repensation of
worldwarfree> the feeeling of many in that
worldwarfree> meeting which was a NO..

There wasn't time to discuss the event in detail. You are simply
repeating your view at the meeting.

worldwarfree> I myself muted people would simply walk
worldwarfree> if the event was to happen til 6am
worldwarfree> and many agreed with this stance..

I totally agree with this. I don't think there should be any
obligation for anyone in Matilda to be involved with any events they
don't want to be. Doing things out of motivation for guilt is never a
good reason to do something.

worldwarfree> Well, before reading and even if well planned, i will be
worldwarfree> simply be BLOCKING this event at that meeting in 2 weeks
worldwarfree> time

Well such an attitude is completely against the idea of consensus and
against the spirit of cooperation under which Matilda is aiming to
operate. If that is your attitude I suggest you learn about consensus
decision making and then if you don't like it decide if you still want
to be part Matilda.

worldwarfree> as ANY event beyond midnite puts the whole future
worldwarfree> of the building, and those involved, in serious
worldwarfree> jeopardy..

I'm totally opposed to the suggestion that some people should take
responsibility for others (apart from children). If people think that
an event, or any other activity, puts themselves at risk it's entirely
up to them, not others, to decide whether they wish to take that risk.

As for risk to the building it would be useful to say exactly what you
think these are.

steve